Painting is a chore, let’s face it, and it’s one of those jobs that you do only when you really have to, yet sometimes it would be nice to just get the job done.
Well, you can, and we’re going to show you how a paint sprayer may just be the best buy you make!
What is a paint sprayer? You’ve probably seen them used by professionals to spray walls, fences, cars and more; they are quite simple yet surprisingly capable devices that use a powerful jet of paint, rather than a brush or roller.
So I’d like to introduce you to the Fuji paint sprayer, a surprisingly affordable professional-level HVLP paint sprayer.
Introducing Our Fuji Semi Pro 2 Review – A Professional HVLP Paint Sprayer
Many of the best paint sprayers reviews we cover are intended for the home or DIY user, but this one is more suited to a contractor that needs a capable, portable HVLP paint sprayer that can be carried easily in a van.
Fuji is a major company with a vast range of equipment in their ranges, so you can rely upon them for well-made, reliable paint sprayers.
The Fuji 2202 Semi-pro 2 HVLP Spray System offers many excellent features that make it one of the best on the market, and it is cleverly designed with a very long spraying hose which not only allows you to reach awkward areas but also means it cuts back on back-spray, which can be a problem with any paint sprayer.
This model has adjustable nozzles for different patterns and can be fitted with different sizes of needles/nozzles for spraying different thicknesses of paint.
The lengthy hose means you don’t have to move it much once you’re on site, so you still get the full capability of the machine.
Before we get into our Fuji Semi Pro 2 review in more detail, let’s talk about who might use it, and what for.
Who Are HVLP Paint Sprayers Best For?
HVLP specialize in quality over quantity, they are slower than airless paint sprayers and can provide a near factory finish when used correctly. This makes them ideal for spraying furniture, cabinets, trim work, car panels, and other detailed work.
If you want to paint cars, a HVLP paint sprayer is easier to use than traditional conventional compressor set up, it makes life much easier, and you can achieve a professional-standard finish at far less cost.
Or you may be someone who likes to repaint and restore old furniture; the Fuji 2203G Semi Pro 2 is perfect for the job and packs away neatly for future use.
It is powerful, has a sensible capacity and can be used with many different materials, and will easily sit in the back of a van for occasional or regular use. It is easy to clean, too, so you will get a good long term of service from it.
Let’s discuss the features.
(don't worry, button opens a new tab)
Features of the Fuji 2203G Semi Pro 2
The Fuji Semi 2 is a well-designed HVLP paint sprayer that is intended for both domestic and commercial use, and as such comes with a range of impressive features you would expect to find on a semi-professional paint sprayer.
- Long Hose – the 25-foot hose that comes with this HVLP sprayer is one of the major selling points of this very impressive machine. The hose is made from a highly durable material so will be perfect for lengthy outdoor use, and is easy to coil and pack away when not in use.
- Powerful – to achieve a quality finish, you need to make sure you have enough power, and the Fuji 2203G Semi-Pro 2 has a very effective 1400watt motor that creates a steady, powerful spray at a constant level. This makes it suitable not only for homeowners and the DIY enthusiast but also for commercial users who may wish to tackle larger, regular jobs that require a genuinely professional finish.
- Large Capacity – when using a paint gun, you want to be able to cover sensible areas without the need to fill up with paint on a regular basis. The sprayer has a 1-quart reservoir to feed a secondary cup – a clever system that aids efficiency – so you can spray a good area without a refill.
- Ease of Use – one of the most impressive factors of the Fuji sprayer is that it comes with a fully automatic operating system. The device does not need any special configuration and is pretty much ready to go once assembled – which will take a matter of a few minutes – so you can concentrate on spraying while the machine does the rest for you.
- Adjustable – the turbine unit and gun is fully adjustable for spray power and capacity, as well as having a variety of pattern options so you can make sure you are getting exactly what you want from your paint sprayer. Adjustments are made quickly and easily by simple to use controls on the base unit and take no time at all.
- Non-bleed – one of the problems with some paint sprayers is they can bleed air, resulting in uneven and unsightly results. It has a specially designed non-bleed function, so you are guaranteed an excellent, smooth finish every job, with professional results.
- Easy to clean – as paint is only in the gun, cleaning a HVLP spray gun is pretty straight forward.
Let’s take a minute to discuss why some of these make it special, and why you should consider this paint sprayer for your potential shortlist.
(don't worry, button opens a new tab)
Distinctive Features & Functions
The Fuji 2202 Semi-pro 2 Hvlp Spray System has many features that make it a stand-out model among its rivals, not least the fact you get a professional-standard machine for a pretty sensible price.
The construction of the machine itself, from very strong and durable steel and comes with a longer than average hose as standard – 25-feet is one of the longest we have seen on a HVLP paint sprayer as standard.
HVLP air hoses are typically not cheap to buy, so if you plan to buy a cheaper sprayer and buy a longer hose for it, make sure you check out the cost of the hose and factor that into the price.
Between being able to control the pressure and a variety of pattern controls, you can achieve any finish you want, always with a professional end result.
It’s also very easy to use – although as with all these machines, we recommend some pre-usage practice before you tackle a real project – and adjustments can be made easily and quickly.
Furthermore, the Fuji 2203G Semi-Pro 2 comes with a sensibly-sized reservoir so you can spray large areas without having to fill up every few minutes, and the non-bleed function offers you excellent waste-control and greater efficiency. You can see the full tech specifications over at the Fuji website.
It is also extremely fast in terms of delivery and as it is pretty simple to clean and maintain, you won’t have to worry about changing over to your next color or material.
So, is this the one for you? Let’s have a final look at why it may be.
Final Thoughts – Fuji Semi Pro 2 Review Conclusion
The Fuji 2203G Semi Pro 2 is a very good HVLP sprayer with few drawbacks – it is noisy, thanks to its internal turbine, and it is not the lightest. But let’s face it, neither of these should be a problem for a contractor.
The 25-foot hose is more than adequate and should enable you to paint most areas having to move the machine around too often.
The capacity of the reservoir is the industry standard, there are models with greater capacity, but bear in mind this adds to the strain on your arm whilst painting.
What’s In The Box?
Fuji Semi Pro 2 Vs Earlex 5500
If the Fuji 2203g Semi Pro 2 is a little bit out of your budget, your next best bet is the Earlex HV5500 HVLP which can normally be found for a few hundred bucks cheaper.
When it comes to the finish difference between the Fuji Semi Pro 2 Vs Earlex 5500, there’s not all that much in it.
It’s more a build quality difference between the two HVLP sprayers.
And if you have bigger requirements and need speed over quality, check out the different types of paint sprayers available before deciding on a HVLP spray system and an airless paint sprayer may be more suitable.
(don't worry, button opens a new tab)